Finally, my first post!
Welcome to Simply Divine Sweets and Treats in Bethlehem, South Africa. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Mary Dobrowsky and I have moved to Bethlehem, South Africa from the USA. Even though I love South Africa, I miss many things about the states and one of those things just happens to be the food. Since I moved to South Africa three years ago, I started baking for friends who enjoy gourmet and novelty foods, (like me!) and so I have decided to bake and make savoury snacks for others to keep myself busy and happy. I have heard that to be successful in life, you need to do something that you are completely and utterly obsessed with. For me this has always been pleasing others through the love of good food.
Welcome to Simply Divine Sweets and Treats in Bethlehem, South Africa. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Mary Dobrowsky and I have moved to Bethlehem, South Africa from the USA. Even though I love South Africa, I miss many things about the states and one of those things just happens to be the food. Since I moved to South Africa three years ago, I started baking for friends who enjoy gourmet and novelty foods, (like me!) and so I have decided to bake and make savoury snacks for others to keep myself busy and happy. I have heard that to be successful in life, you need to do something that you are completely and utterly obsessed with. For me this has always been pleasing others through the love of good food.
I have to admit, I am always very disappointed with store bought chocolate cakes and cupcakes. To me they are typically the color of cardboard, very dry and almost have no taste. In my experience making chocolate cake, I have been very lucky to have found what I think is the perfect recipe.
The chocolate cupcakes are light and airy, and very moist with a delicious chocolaty taste. The topping is a creamy whipped chocolate icing. The cappuccino cupcakes pictured above are the perfect thing for coffee lovers, and the caramel icing gives them just the decadent and creamy element they need. It's a perfect combination-- like ordering a great cup of cappuccino, topped with caramel and whipped cream, only in cupcake form.



No comments:
Post a Comment